Join the DOD revolution!
Zanasi, a leader in large character coding and marking printer solutions market is proud to offer its most advanced drop on demand printer ever–the Z402 controller print system.
Z402 plastic, metal, and box marking printers incorporate the advanced technology of our Drop On Demand (DOD) product line. This includes our industry leading Orkestra® software platform–revolutionary management software that provides a customizable user interface for each operator/technician.
The Z402 is a reliable and efficient printing system, suitable for most applications, including primary and secondary package marking and coding. Benefits include:
- One of the lowest Total Costs of Ownership (TCO) in its class
- Multiple interfaces, including: RS232/422/485, USB, Ethernet
- Consistent performance even in harsh production environments (humidity, dust or high temperatures)
- Excellent print quality at a throw distance of up to 35mm (1.37″), providing flexibility for any application
The Z402 also provides added features found only on the Orkestra® software platform for Large Character printing. Integration is a snap with the Serial Interpreter software, allowing easy connection to existing devices without custom software or hardware–it’s built right in! Custom input/output functionality is also available for alarm signals, counter resetting, message changes, Vision System print verification, and much, much more.
Harsh environments have always posed a challenge for industrial inkjet systems. The Z402 DOD plastic, box, and metal marking printer system continues in the footsteps of the robust design of the Z303 controller print system and uses a ventless heatsink style of cooling keeping the internal components secure from the challenging conditions of manufacturing environments, ensuring more uptime and production output.
BENEFITS AND PLUS
Long-lasting performance, reliability help minimize downtime
Reduction of maintenance and consumption of up to 50%
Satisfies the need for coding in the fastest and most flexible way
Remote printer management, saving time and resources
Orkestra®: customizable, intuitive, non-technical terminology and guided workflow
SECTORS AND APPLICATIONS
…and all applications that require printing onto secondary packaging (cardboard)!
Innovation. The manufacturing reliability is enclosed in a solid and compact controller, in stainless steel AISI 304, for seamless integration into any production facility. A modern 7” touch-screen color display guide to the creation of simplified messages, pictures and shapes to print onto cartons, boxes, packages or products like bags, panels, tubes, building materials, extrusions and many others.
Flexibility. The Z402 system allows you to drive two printheads simultaneously, one 16 dots printhead or two 7 dots printheads, according to the applications functions. You can use a series of font and essential matrix in order to get high quality printings up to two lines, from 5mm to 60 mm high, onto flat, curved, regular and irregular surfaces.
A new coding experience. The interaction with the Z402 system is driven by ORKESTRA®, the revolutionary management software, with customizable user interface for each operator through language, keyboard and activity (multilevel login). Furthermore, the system is provided with a graphic editor, with stretch and drag&drop, functions, easy and accessible through touch screen display.
Connectivity and total integration. Control and remote setting of the printhead single nozzle. An advanced and versatile integration through Ethernet, USB e serial ports, allows to access to external databases with variable and fixed text fields and to monitor the system performances.
- Management of one 16 or up to two 7 dots printheads
- Up to two printing lines
- Print height from 5 to 60 mm (0.20” – 2.37”)
- Line speed capability: up to 180 mt/min (591 ft/min)
- Printing rate: up to 266 ct/sec
- Up to 6800 stroke per message
- Messages and logos storage: up to 4GB with expandable micro SD memory
- Fixed and variable text fields types (with operator, automatic or external)
- Available fonts: 5×4, 5×5, 7×4, 7×5, 9×7, 10×8, 16×10 and TrueType
- Logos, shapes and lines easy and quick creation through touch-screen display
- Automatic date, time, offsets and expiry date multifunction
- Incrementing/decreasing alphanumeric products counter up to 9 digits
- Metric repeat print–message function
- Customizable message repeat with single print start
- Field orientation: 0°, 90°, 180°, 270°
- Print with text rotation angle
- Coding throw distance up to 35 mm (1,37”)
- 2/5 Industrial, UPC-A, CODE 39, EAN 13
- 7” TFT full color anti-reflection high contrast LED touch-screen
- Stainless steel structure AISI 304
- Conduit length: up to 10 mt (33 ft)
- Support on rubber feet or optional stainless steel structure AISI 304
- Exclusive customizable user interface for single operator (functionality, language and alphabets)
- Intuitive user interface with graphic icons
- Innovative graphic editor with stretch and drag & drop
- User interface and virtual keyboard with foreign languages and alphabets
- Purge and calibration per single nozzle
- Message storage with file name
- Print parameters storage in the messages
- Message dimension check before print
- Multi-level access with login
- Report function for executed printing counter
- Online help and user manual with contextual photos and videos
- High efficiency Solenoid technology
- Ink options to include: rapid dry and high adhesion inks
- Stainless nozzle plate AISI 304
- Stainless steel structure AISI 304
- Dimensions printhead 7 dots: 230 mm x 80 mm x 45 mm (9,0” x 3,15” x 1,80”)
- Dimensions printhead 16 dots: 230 mm x 80 mm x 85 mm (9,0” x 3,15” x 3,35”)
- Serial connection RS232
- Ethernet interface for LAN 10/100 connection
- USB port version 2.0
- Sensor management for product reading
- System ready output
- Shaft Encoder input for variable speed production lines
- External alarm outputs with traffic light column
- Parallel interface BCD, 6 bit
- Temperature: 0° – 50°C (32° – 122°F)
- Humidity: 0 – 90% (non-condensing)
- Single phase, 85 – 240 Vac, 50 – 60 Hz, 175 VA
Want to learn more?
Interested in learning how Zanasi Z402 printers can solve your printing challenges? Contact us today!